The movement of sediment, sand and rocks – or scour – caused by waves and currents can compromise the integrity of offshore structures. At Aktis Hydraulics we are experts at assessing the potential impact of scour on seabed foundations and designing scour protection systems that can be quickly and easily installed.
Our services can be applied to:
- Regional seabed development due to wind farms and offshore structures (for EIA’s)
- Studies into sea-bed mobility to ensure structure stability
- Prediction of scour around offshore structures, particularly monopole foundations for wind turbines and around GBS’s
- Design of scour protection for gravity based structures and monopiles
- Seabed monitoring programmes to satisfy authority requirements