Aktis Hydraulics provided assistance to bp and ShoreTension BV to confirm safe mooring of a FPSO.
ShoreTension® dynamic mooring devices were used at the berth as an addition to the conventional mooring configuration to improve the safety of mooring the FPSO.
Aktis Hydraulics, in close cooperation with all parties involved, reviewed the mooring configuration and carried out a detailed Dynamic Mooring Analysis (DMA) to establish limiting environmental conditions to safely remain at berth.
After a safe stay, the FPSO left the berth to continue her journey.
Picture credits: ShoreTension BV
- Prepare aero- and hydrodynamic model of the FPSO
- Compute forces on moored ship and the dynamic response
- Compute limiting conditions for safe mooring
- Repeat above two steps with the Shore Tension
- Short time frame to finish the studies as the FPSO had to be moored within few weeks time.
- Large tidal range in combination with ShoreTension and soft fendering.